Re: NVDA not announcing graphics or links

Sascha Cowley

Hi Dave,

Can anyone explain why my firefox browser does not announce “graphic” or something like that when hovering over an image containing alt text that is also a link?  It does read out the alt text.  Also, there is no announcement of a “Link” when hovering over a text link – just reads the text so user would not know it is a link.

This is controlled by the "Report role when mouse enters object" setting in NVDA's mouse settings, which is off by default.

Also, when hovering over either an image or text that is a link, the destination URL is read out in full.  Does that always occur?  Seems redundant if the alt text of the image link or the text of the text link already says that it is a link and where the link is going.

I'm not sure about this one. I thought it might be because reporting of tooltips was on, but turning that off did not make a difference for me.

Regards,
Sascha