From: Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: 07 November 2020 0:09 13
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA OCR with adobe image file

Hi,

I have a scanned image in an Adobe .pdf file. I want to run NVDAs OCR over it. When I open the document in adobe Acrobat DC I get a message  that this is a blank document. I press F6 twice and press enter on the home button. Then I press NVDA+R and I hear recognising and below that result document but there is no text showing.

I know that this document is an image of scanned text because I can convert it using Abbyy Finereader.

All advice and instructions welcome!

All the best,

Cearbhall

Avast logo

Recycle trees Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.

Data Protection
We comply with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and take the security and privacy of personal data very seriously. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us please forward this email (so we can see who it was sent to you by) to dpo@... with your request, and we will review our information in line with your wishes.

Disclaimer
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, New College Worcester accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.