Re: Reading messages in Mail for Windows 10

Sean Randall

Hi Joseph

It did say    commsapps.exe is currently running but, with the addon now adds commsapps module is loaded and the problem is solved.

I’d forgotten to put the addon on this machine,  I have used it before. I’m surprised the features haven’t been added to core though, given how  integrated mail and Calendar are into Windows...

Thanks for clearing that up 😊

S.

Sent: 07 November 2020 15:56 19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading messages in Mail for Windows 10

Hi,

I think I know why, but just to make sure:

1. With Mail open, what does NVDA say when you press Control+NVDA+F1?
  2. What is the NVDA version you are using?

If it is what I think it is, then try using Mail with Windows 10 App Essentials add-on installed (I know, I’m advertising this a lot, but…).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sean Randall
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 7:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Reading messages in Mail for Windows 10

Hi all,

Can anyone verify my experience with reading emails in mail in windows 10?

With NVDA’s default configuration, I have to turn off Focus mode every time I open a message, else the cursor keys don’t work. I can read with CtRL+up or down, which is fine as far as it goes.

Ironically if I go into  NVDA settings and tell NVDA not to enable browse mode on page load, opening an email keeps me in Browse Mode to begin with: confusing much?

This all happens irrespective of the mail setting to use the caret to read emails or not. Mail also seems to have nothing but a reading pane: in Outlook I  turn the pane off, because it is a real pain. But Mail doesn’t seem to let me do that.

Any further info from anyone  gratefully received. My temporary workaround is to make a new configuration profile, but that’s not ideal.

Sean.

Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.

Data Protection
We comply with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and take the security and privacy of personal data very seriously. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us please forward this email (so we can see who it was sent to you by) to dpo@... with your request, and we will review our information in line with your wishes.

Disclaimer
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, New College Worcester accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.

Recycle trees Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.

Data Protection
We comply with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and take the security and privacy of personal data very seriously. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us please forward this email (so we can see who it was sent to you by) to dpo@... with your request, and we will review our information in line with your wishes.

Disclaimer
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, New College Worcester accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.