Re: character count countdown with edit box

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 12:45 PM, Gene wrote:
many users or those it affects who might submit one don't know what the problem is and so don't create a ticket.
-
Which is often the case.  And one that I hope, over time, with encouragement from the membership here, and leading by example, will change.

I don't want to see the folks at NVAccess be flooded with repeat bug reports or feature requests, so not only does careful thought need to go into why you believe you have a bug and how you need to report it, or how to carefully word a feature request, but also one must search first to see if it doesn't already exist, in which case you'd just add a comment to the existing one.  Bug reports are relatively rare, and you have to make sure you have the steps down such that the developers can reproduce the issue before filing one.

But NVDA users are blessed by the fact that they do have a direct line to the developers via GitHub.  That is an unbelievably valuable, and rare, asset and communication channel.  It shouldn't be used frivolously (for lack of a better way of putting it right now) but nor should it be avoided when you can be giving valuable feedback not only for yourself but for the user community as a whole.

I only wish such existed for most of the software I've ever used, but it doesn't.  Microsoft has stepped somewhat closer with the Feedback Hub, but even that's at several levels of removal from the actual development teams.

     ~ Kelley Boorn