From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: November 6, 2020 6:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to spell out Roman numerals

Janet,

         Depending on just how elaborate you want to get with this, it could be achieved in the speech dictionary using regular expression matching based on characters that can only be used in a Roman numeral.  But given how long they can get, and the rules regarding what can come before what, there's likely only a "quick and dirty" solution rather than a perfect one.

         I am presuming you want the Roman numeral (RN) seven to read as V I I or RN 900 to be read as M C M.  Is that correct and, if so, is there some expected range of the actual Roman notation as far as lowest and highest numbers involved?

     ~ Kelley Boorn