Re: How to spell out Roman numerals

Janet Brandly

Hi Brian,

Yes, the Roman numerals must be in upper case. Some examples of Roman numerals combined with letters and Arabic numbers are:

â Schatzker III: Depression only of lateral tibial plateau (two types):

Schatzker IIIa: Lateral depression.

Schatzker IIIb: Central depression.

Less often, Roman numerals may also be followed by lower-case letters or Arabic numbers.

Thanks again for your help. Maybe this could benefit others as well.

Janet