Re: NVDA OCR with adobe image file

Quentin Christensen

Try pressing NVDA+r when you first open the file and get the message about it being blank.

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 11:09 AM Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a scanned image in an Adobe .pdf file. I want to run NVDAs OCR over it. When I open the document in adobe Acrobat DC I get a message  that this is a blank document. I press F6 twice and press enter on the home button. Then I press NVDA+R and I hear recognising and below that result document but there is no text showing.

I know that this document is an image of scanned text because I can convert it using Abbyy Finereader.

All advice and instructions welcome!

All the best,

Cearbhall

Avast logo