locked Re: wanted nvda for my windows 7 home basic

Sean Randall

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for that. The page is perhaps slightly misleading in that the current support mentions 7 SP1, but the old version text  refers to Xp and below, missing  the  initial release of 7, but I of course acknowledge it’s a very small point.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 09 November 2020 03:21
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] wanted nvda for my windows 7 home basic

While everyone is correct that the latest NVDA 2020.3 works fine on Windows 7, that is Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.

If you happen to have just reformatted with your original Windows 7 media and haven't yet gone through the myriad of updates required before you get to SP1, then you will need NVDA 2017.3.  There is a link to that on the download page as well: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/nvda/releases/2017.3/nvda_2017.3.exe

Kind regards

Quentin.

Standard NVDA will work fine for this. Get it at

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Recycle trees Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.

Data Protection
We comply with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and take the security and privacy of personal data very seriously. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us please forward this email (so we can see who it was sent to you by) to dpo@... with your request, and we will review our information in line with your wishes.

Disclaimer
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, New College Worcester accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.