From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: November 8, 2020 3:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to spell out Roman numerals

Janet,

            If you have not already entered those rules hold off on doing so for two reasons:

1.  I have just learned that dictionary processing does not terminate after the first successful match, but continues down the list, using the substituted text for subsequent processing each time a match is found, until the end of the list is reached.  So I need to consider the order again to make this successful.

2.  It's likely I can remove the trailing colon requirement for all but Roman numeral one, unless it works better to assume it's there, then that needn't be changed

The big problem here is really the Roman numeral one, and having some very clear way of differentiating it from the pronoun I, and that is not at all easy sans some other delimiter used with it to make that differentiation clear.

I'm not going to work on this further until I see a response from you, as it's clear that this is going to be an iterative process until we nail down precisely what will work based on the text you're generally processing, which looks to be medical in nature.

     ~ Kelley Boorn