locked Re: wanted nvda for my windows 7 home basic

Edited

After my own kinda rule-bending post, I am going to lock this topic since the essential question about NVDA is already answered, and Windows 7 is no longer in support.

That being said, and because this applies whether we're talking Windows, or the driver & software packages for your printer or multifunction, or whatever you should really never use anything that's on CD/DVD, as it's almost certain to be out of date by the time it lands in your hands.  All software makers are constantly updating their online repositories for their software until such goes out of support (and in the case of Windows 7 SP1, there was still a lot going on even after the formal date).

Windows 7 SP1 ISO files are available straight from the Microsoft Mothership at

Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Those are SP1 ISOs, and the ancient XP ones were SP3 (at least the last time I ever had need to even think about downloading them).  Since Windows 7 is no longer in support, and it is still possible to do an upgrade to Windows 10 using these instructions, Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file, that's what I strongly suggest anyone still on Windows 7 do.  You can even do a completely clean install of Windows 10, supplying a Windows 7 or 8.1 license key when asked for one, and Windows 10 will activate.

Best practice is always to obtain a brand spankin' new copy of whatever software, direct from the maker's websites, rather than using any media that's handed to you (unless you know that what's been handed to you was created from the "end of the line" images by someone else).

This topic is now locked.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell