Re: NVDA Verbosity for Grouping and sorting messages in Outlook - Can it be changed?

Luke Robinett

Thanks for calling this out. It’s a long-standing NVDA annoyance that I’ve just sort of learned to live with, but it would be great if we had a proper solution at some point. I don’t have any suggestions for resolving the verbosity of groupings but you can change the order in which the columns in the message list appear And consequently the order in which those fields are read aloud. For example, in mailing lists like this one, I care less about who sent it or when it was sent and more about what the subject is, so I put the subject as the first column. I don’t have Outlook in front of me at the moment but you can make these adjustments in the view ribbon, I believe by tapping until you get to view settings. Hope this helps a bit, at least.