Re: NVDA and Notepad ++ search

Gene

The NVDA search is not the proper command to use when not in browse mode. The search command for Notepad should be used, control f, and to repeat the search, f3.

From: Sylvie Duchateau
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 9:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Notepad ++ search

Hello,
I just tested with NVDA and another screen reader.
I had a document with two occurrences of the same word.
Pressing f3 brings me to the second occurrence. But it does not indicate that I changed the place in the document. So to be sure, I press escape after the result is displayed.
With the other screen reader the line where the word is located is displayed, so it is easier to understand that you reached another result.
Pressing escape is also helpful.
Otherwise, have you tried the NVDA search function : nvda+ctrl+F, then NVDA+F3 to search for the next occurrence ? It seems to work here.
But I still have to press escape at the end.
Sylvie