Re: trouble switching to basic mode in Gmail

Arlene

Confirmed. I’ve done this with both Jaws and NVDA. Not at once. I did use them both one at a time. Gene’s right. It is usually the first link you see. With my old windows 7 I had to refresh the page a bunch of times.  Jaws 14 sometimes did not work well on the gmail site. I used the whatever version of NVDA to get the job done.  Now with windows ten I can use either one.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: November 13, 2020 7:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] trouble switching to basic mode in Gmail

It is at the very top of the page, the first line.  At least that's where I

see a button that says Basic HTML View using Chrome.  My experience,

however, is that this button doesn't work reliably to change the view when

you open the web page again.  If I switch to standard view, I have to press

the button every time I open the web page.  I don't know if others have that

experience and I think I've seen instances where that isn't necessary, but

you may find it so, based on my experience.