Re: labeling graphics?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

What is the difference between say the graphics labeler and this feature in golden cursor. I think some one called it a hot spot and If I remember right you could cloclick on a spot and label it then go back to it but you had to bring it up like a elements list if you could not tab to it.

The part from golden cursor it can do other stuff as well.

Commands are below.

• Control+NVDA+L: view saved mouse positions for an application if any.
• Shift+NVDA+l: save a tag or a label for the current mouse position in the currently focused

so in this case it moves the mouse to the area that was labled?

the way I under stand a graphics labeler is button is un labled you label it and when you say tab it is then read out but not sure with the golden cursor way.

Gene nz

On 16/11/2020 11:11 am, Luke Robinett wrote:
it has been requested and shut down many times. For some reason the developer seem to think it’s impossible to add this functionality to NVDA, even though many other screen readers have had graphics labeling for years. Kind of annoying but what can you do?

On Nov 15, 2020, at 9:08 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Submit a suggestion over github, I doubt it will pass as AI costs money, which most of us do not have.

Take care

On 15 Nov 2020, at 7:45, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I posted two or three issues already over the past several years and nothing has been done about adding a graphics labeler or an object labeler or a frames manager to NVDA for making an ad on to do so. I think that NVDA should start to get away from scripting, and start using artificial intelligence and neural engine technology such as is used in the new voiceover for iOS 14. That way NVDA could start to read more things automatically and would rely less on scripting which can easily break when an application version changes The only other screen meter that I know of which used a primitive kind of artificial intelligence to read the screen in which not which did not rely on scripts was ASAP, automatic screen access program for Microsoft DOS made by micro talk. that screen reader was discontinued at around the year 2000 because windows took over. But for its time it was the best screen reader for DOS, or the disk operating system operating system which was available and which was ever made. I hope soon that somebody will at least make an ad on for NVDA which will use the free tensorflow neural Engine technology to allow NVDA to intelligently read the screen even if buttons and other controls may not be accessible in the standard way using standard accessibility measures. Voiceover for iOS can do this even if buttons and other objects are directly drawn onto the screen it can still identify them using artificial intelligence technology. It is amazing! I hope NVDA could do something similar in the future.