Re: Use of Headings, or Rather Lack Thereof, in Groups.IO Discussion Lists

Blaster

Brian,

Since NVDA was most likely influenced in some way by System Access I
thought I'd post this to highlight my sadness for the loss of SA.

This was taken from a blog in 2010:

"Let's refresh our memories on what we have already done:
1. Serotek was the first to offer a full-featured accessibility
solution that does not require administrator rights to provide speech
and braille access.
2. Serotek was the first to provide non-proprietary remote access
speech solutions for personal and commercial environments that even
work with our competition.
3. Serotek was the first to provide full-featured access to 64-bit Windows.
4. Serotek was the first to provide direct support for Braille devices
that comply with the Human Interface Device standard, allowing a user
to walk up to any Windows computer and have speech and Braille access
without installing any drivers.
5. Serotek was the first (and is still the only,) completely web based
access solution to speech and braille with satogo."

Take care,
Blaster

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 09:08 AM, Blaster wrote:

System Access going off the market is a very sad turn of events, indeed.
-
Sad, perhaps, but there is only so much room in niche markets in
particular. This is a screen reader I'd never even heard of until this
particular topic came up.

And I expect as Narrator continues to mature that other very small players
will be exiting the stage, if any are left.

*If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to
something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you
have a legal mind.*

~ Thomas Reed Powell