Re: NVDA and Notepad ++ search

Gene

I don't have punctuation on in my screen-reader and I didn't know Note;pad ++ was being discussed. I thought it was just Notepad. I would think search works the same way. If it doesn't, then my comments don't apply and others may give information. But if Notepad ++ is built on Notepad, it is likely that the control f should work for search and f3 should work for repeat search. We'll see.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that Notepad ++ was being discussed.

From: Dave Grossoehme
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 4:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Notepad ++ search

Good Day: There is an add on for Notepad++, which is in the NVDA Add
on's. Are you using this add on?

Dave

On 11/13/2020 8:02 AM, Gene wrote:
No, but I doubt this is an NVDA problem. Its probably a Notepad problem since that is a Notepad command. You can check this by testing with another screen-reader.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: William Wong
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 7:24 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and Notepad ++ search

I am running the latest stable version 7.9.1

1. I use ctrl f to search for something, and I know that that part of
text exist more than one time in that document.

2. then I press F3 to jump to next result

3. NVDA said no more search result in this direction, but actually the
focus has already jump to the new line that matches the search keyword

4. I try pressing ctrl home and start from the very begining, pressing
F3 do also speak no more search ....

I jump to end by ctrl End, then I press F3, NVDA just say the same, no
more search..... but did not have the sound that indicate no next search

result.

Do anyone has any idea about how to fix this?

Thanks,

William