Mouse navigation and Chrome

Tyler Spivey

I'm trying to route the mouse in Chrome and am running into issues.

I'm playing incremental games that need mouse hovers to work reliably. NVDA's mouse navigation doesn't work very well.

As a very basic example which requires not too much setup, I can demonstrate this easily enough on Google.

I should be able to search Google, using mouse navigation to click the button. I'm doing the following:
1. Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled.
2. Start Chrome, navigate to google.com.
3. Type test into the search field.
4. Hit f in browse mode until I find the Google Search button.
5. NVDA+numpad / to route the mouse, and click with numpad /.

When I do this, my page doesn't change. NVDA doesn't seem to be clicking the button.

What can I do to make things work better?