Re: There is something not right about this release of NVDA, but I can't put my finger on it

I have not noticed this as such.

However I have noticed this with waterfox and edge crashes.

Most of these are due to poorly coded websites like mega which sometimes screw things but I try to stay away from those.

I have not noticed in thunderbird.

However I have noticed that from time to time windows explorer will act stupid with nvda.

Saying all this, I spend most of my life in 1 window.

I close out when I do not need whatever it is.

I don't have skype, spotify, dropbox, etc running at startup or in the background.

Thunderbird I don't keep any mail inside the box but keep it outside as either eml files or text or html files.

I use and close programs for the web and mail when not in use.

Apart from games the programs I frequently use are winamp and notepad and even then I don't use it all the time.

I have noticed with things like outlook things can become a real pain, however I should have the faster cpu.

Technically my cpu is obselete since there are 3 and 4th generations of it out now but thats becide the point.

I guess while they release drivers for my chips I have nothing to be concerned about.

There seem to be a lot more issues with the newer chips anyway.

Bar vmware 16 which screwed up windows completely I have not noticed anything much more.

On 18/11/2020 6:00 pm, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi.  The subject says it somewhat but not the whole.  I somehow feel that NVDA is not functioning or responding too well, not only with windows 10 itself but with a few apps associated with it.  So let's first talk about one of NVDA's most peculiar behaviors.

This is not to say that it is happening on every Windows 10 OS, but it is certainly happening on my 20H2 version of Windows 10.

There are times when NVDA somehow insists on having it full and final say, so much so that even pressing the Ctrl key won't stop it from blabbering unnecessarily.  This particularly happens when the following apps are being opened and worked on.

1.  Android Studio.

2.  Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.

3.  the Reaper DAW.

4.  Mozilla Thunderbird.

5.  Microsoft office, especially with Word.

There is also this tendency to gradually slow down as more and more time is spent on working on windows, especially when undertaking more resource intensive work like Music production and programming.  It wasn't like this with early versions.

There are also cases where NVDA and certain Applications don't behave as expected.  I won't go into the mechanics as this is a specific NVDA list.  Suffice it to say that the Reaper DAW that used to be so Pally with NVDA is not performing as expected, and I don't think it's just the  Osara PlugIn issue either, Osara being the Open Source Access for the Reaper Application, but perhaps NVDA and Windows 10 may have a say too.  The same is happening with Android Studio.  It was a sluggish app before but still usable.  It sometimes slows down to a crawl nowadays, and only a restart of the program will do.

Now, I am not saying that NVDA is fully culpable, but It could be a whole series of problems that have cropped up as Windows got to be more "advanced" and "user friendly".  Also, UIA is known to have caused a few serious accessibility problems, and the need for NVDA to adapt to UIA bassed apps for accessibility reasons might be problematic as of now.  Reverting to an earlier version of NVDA may indeed cause more of a problem since I am not sure of the extent to which the MSAA model of earlier NVDA and Windows versions have been superceeded by the need for UIA assisted access.  So, people who are using their pcs or laptops for more involved tasks and jobs are in a bit of a no man's land at this time.

Just my two cents worth of concern.  Cheers!

.