Re: Mouse navigation and Chrome

Tyler Spivey

NVDA numpad enter will activate the button because the navigator is on it. That has nothing to do with the mouse.

On 11/17/2020 9:27 PM, Gene wrote:
I am not aware of anything.  The mouse, in this instance, is in the right place but for some reason, the left click command isn't clicking the button. You can verify that by using numpad insert numpad enter instead of left click.  The button is activated.
Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Tyler Spivey
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Mouse navigation and Chrome
I'm trying to route the mouse in Chrome and am running into issues.
I'm playing incremental games that need mouse hovers to work reliably.
NVDA's mouse navigation doesn't work very well.
As a very basic example which requires not too much setup, I can
demonstrate this easily enough on Google.
I should be able to search Google, using mouse navigation to click the
button. I'm doing the following:
1. Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled.
2. Start Chrome, navigate to google.com.
3. Type test into the search field.
4. Hit f in browse mode until I find the Google Search button.
5. NVDA+numpad / to route the mouse, and click with numpad /.
When I do this, my page doesn't change. NVDA doesn't seem to be clicking
the button.
What can I do to make things work better?