Re: There is something not right about this release of NVDA, but I can't put my finger on it

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 05:50 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
I have found in cases like that, SHIFT is often more immediate (with the advantage you can press it again to keep reading from where it stopped).
-
This just shows how much a creature of habit I have become.  Even though I have looked at the Commands Quick Reference I can't even count how many times and never noticed this, always using CTRL (or ESC, which has the same effect on speech - stopping it immediately).

I can easily see SHIFT becoming the go-to pause speech command, as the ability to pick up right where you paused [if the synthesizer supports same] is something that comes in incredibly handy in so many instances!

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell