Re: Word 2016

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Kelby

I find it hard to remember exactly what I did to fix the problem. However, I did reinstall Office 2016 and after that the problem went away. Not a very satisfactory explanation I’m afraid. However, would you consider running a repair on Office? Failing that, deleting and completely reinstalling might help.

Before you do that, can you confirm that:

1.      You can create a new Word or excel file from within either program?

2.       That you can open files listed in the “Recents” tab of the file menu?

3.      That the “File / Open” dialog cannot focus on the directory where your existing files are located from within either program?

If these conditions are true, then you have the same problem that I had and I would recommend a reinstall of MS Office.

All the best,

Cearbhall