Re: Having Issues with NVDA with Excel and Outlook 2016

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that in the next few days. Now for an
update on my Excel issue, it's still not working properly despite
disabling live preview. When inserting rows, NVDA still refuses to
speak on returning to the workbook. As I said in my original message,
moving away from the workbook and returning works, but I'd prefer to
not do that. Also while we're on the topic of Excel, I have two
questions not entirely related to NVDA, but I'm not sure how to go
about getting answers.
1. I have two workbooks I need to edit monthly, both of which contain
two sheets. The problem is they were created with different versions
of Excel originally, so one uses control page up to move to the next
sheet and one uses control page down. How do I reorder the sheets to
make these accessible using the same command?
2. Is there a way to rename the sheets so that they're not just called
sheet 1, sheet 2, etc?

On 11/19/20, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Bob,

I have dealt with this exact issue. Here is what you do.
1. Launch outlook.
2. Use the nvda key + n to bring up the nvda menu.
3. Navigate to the item called "configuration profiles."
4. In that dialogue, listen for what profile you are on. If it says default,
create a new profile. If it says outlook, exit the dialog.
5. Assuming you need to create a new profile, do not give it a name but
arrow to the set of radio buttons and choose "current application outlook."
6. Exit the dialogue.
7. Follow the instructions other list members have given for disabling the
reporting of table formatting.
8. Ensure you save the profile.
9. Try reading the newsletter.
10. You should find that the excessive reporting of layout messages is
gone.

When you swap out of outlook, you will find that the document formatting has
returned to the original way it was set because the configuration profile
has changed to the default or whatever else you have defined.

I find profiles a really handy feature.

Pranav