Re: Having Issues with NVDA with Excel and Outlook 2016

Bob Cavanaugh

Okay, I'm still confused about how to change things. I was able to
create a new configuration profile as described in the message below,
but when I go to the input gestures dialog, I get a large tree with a
bunch of options. Under document formatting, I see one way at the
bottom that says "toggles on and off the reporting of table cell
coordinates," which is what I want. However, I don't see any way to
change it. When I press enter on that, I'm returned to the window I
was in prior to activating the dialog, in this case my Deleted Items
folder in Outlook. When I press space on this, nothing happens, and
when I hit the okay button, I'm returned t Outlook, where NVDA still
reports table layout configurations.

On 11/19/20, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

I have dealt with this exact issue. Here is what you do.
1. Launch outlook.
2. Use the nvda key + n to bring up the nvda menu.
3. Navigate to the item called "configuration profiles."
4. In that dialogue, listen for what profile you are on. If it says default,
create a new profile. If it says outlook, exit the dialog.
5. Assuming you need to create a new profile, do not give it a name but
arrow to the set of radio buttons and choose "current application outlook."
6. Exit the dialogue.
7. Follow the instructions other list members have given for disabling the
reporting of table formatting.
8. Ensure you save the profile.
9. Try reading the newsletter.
10. You should find that the excessive reporting of layout messages is
gone.

When you swap out of outlook, you will find that the document formatting has
returned to the original way it was set because the configuration profile
has changed to the default or whatever else you have defined.

I find profiles a really handy feature.

Pranav