Re: NVDA doesn't speak on Windows Log-on Screen

Sandra Pilz

Brian,

Can you please help me to understand what the problem is?

I sent my request to nvda@nvda.groups.io. this is the only group I am subscribed to and aware of. I hardly ever use the groups.io website, and thought I had sent my message to the regular NVDA list. I thought it fell within the scope of the group, because I am having a problem with NVDA not talking as expected. So I am not sure where you think I should have sent my message instead and why.

Thanks

Sandra

Am 21.11.2020 um 18:30 schrieb Brian Vogel:

If it were within my power to move this topic to the main group I would, but, alas, Groups.io does not allow it.

I just want to put on record that this topic falls entirely within the group description of what is the focus of the NVDA Group (main group).  If you so desire, feel free to ask again there if Mr. Spivey and yourself don't come to a resolution here.  For the sake of emphasis, here's the portion of the NVDA Group description I'm referring to:

The central purpose of this group is discussing how to use NVDA.  This includes configuring NVDA's settings or familiarizing oneself with its modes and commands.  Discussions about which programs are accessible using NVDA, NVDA add-ons, NVDA tutorials and documentation, and configuring synthesizers or Braille displays for use with NVDA are also permitted.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell