possible long-standing bug

Bob Cavanaugh

Hi all,
Please forgive me if I'm reporting in the wrong place, but I've
noticed a bug that has been kind of annoying since I've been primarily
using a laptop. I'd have to investigate whether or not NVDA reads
things as expected if I use the actual buttons, but if using the
numpad, it does not. For instance, with the numpad off, 7 acts as the
home key, with control+home moving to the top of the file. It's been a
while since I've tried this using the actual home key, but while
control+numpad 7 works as expected, there is no verbal indication that
it does so, it's only by using the arrow keys to move around the
document that you are made aware of the position change. Something
similar happens when switching sheets in Excel. The commands are
control+page up (numpad 9) and control+page down (numpad 3) to switch
between sheets. However, NVDA does not say the name of the sheet you
are working with until you take some other action on the sheet.
Bob