Re: possible long-standing bug

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

I don't have any add-ons on this copy of NVDA, the only one I ever
used was the OCR one on my desktop. I'll have to look into the add-on
that changes the numpad functions, as I'd like to be able to fully use
the normal numpad functions when running NVDA. What's that add-on
called? Even without it, some of the Windows commands work that use
the numpad's Windows functions, but what I'd like is for NVDA to give
some kind of feedback about that. JAWS says "top of file" and System
Access simply reads the first line when the command is pressed to go
to the top of the file. NVDA says nothing until another action is
taken. I'm not familiar with what JAWS says when switching sheets in
Excel as it's been years since I've used those two programs together,
but System Access says the name of the sheet as soon as you press the
command to change sheets, while NVDA requires a press of an additional
command to make sure that you have indeed switched sheets.

I didn't make this clear in my last message. Whenever an add-on is being
used or something else is being used or done that might alter the effect of

how something works, it should be stated in a message dealing with the thing

or process that is altered. Even if it seems unimportant, it should be
stated that this or that is being used. While I said in my last message
that is inaccurate to talk about the numpad being off, even if that had been

stated, saying that the add-on is being used would have made what is being
described completely clear to those who know what the add-on does.
Often, reports of technical probllems are made not as clear as they would be

if infrmation about what is being used or details of what is being done are

omitted.

My comments about the inaccuracy of the description aren't meant to be
negatively critical nor single someone out. Often, such information as
something being used that changes something or information detailing what is

done is omitted from possible problem reports, which makes the understanding

of what the problem may be unclear.