Re: NVDA OCR and what it presents afterward

Marisane Moruthanyana

Morning Brian

That is what I want, but I do not know the technique to do that.

If you know how to do OCR processing before opening the document, please help.
Wally

Topic has been retitled for clarity and archival purposes.  Please make
ongoing responses to messages with the new title.

I actually did not know that NVDA OCR presents a page at a time.  This is
most likely because my standard advice is to do OCR processing before
opening a document, usually PDF, in a screen reader.  Using that technique
creates a text layer for the entire document prior to it ever being handed
to the screen reader, and you get a result that's the one you're asking for
here.

*If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to
something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you
have a legal mind.*

~ Thomas Reed Powell