Re: NVDA OCR and what it presents afterward

Gene

I haven't seen it discussed and I haven't used the OCR feature in the program. It sounds as though that is what you will have to do but there are alternatives to using NVDA, which I expect will be discussed.

I use Openbook but that isn't a practical alternative in your case and I haven't followed the discussions about free alternatives carefully.

From: Marisane Moruthanyana
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 5:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] your help

Morning Gene

Does it mean then that one should go to the next page and start the
OCR processing all over again?

Shoo! that is a painstaking exercise, especially when the document is long.

Wally

Per documentation whichI hope is present in the manual, the document
only shown 1 screen at a time. If and only if the document can show up
on 1 screen will the whole thing show up else you only see the screen
with maybe that one sentence that ocr was able to capture.

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com)

Check out my [adventures with a shadow
machine.](http://tffppodcast.com/shadow)

Our [discord](http://discord.tffppodcast.com) is where you will know
when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum) Feel free to give
the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit [my main lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum) and my [tffp lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@tffp) You will also be able to buy some of my
products and eBooks there.

[here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

On 22 Nov 2020, at 5:16, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:

Hi gurus

I trust you are well.

I am trying to cope.

I am troubled by nvda.

I cannot understand why nvda does not show up all the information even
after the OCR process has been made.

It says that the document has been recognised, but only a sentence or
a page is shown up.

Why is that? How do I make it do that?

Please help.
Wally from SA