Re: Spelling Errors

Gene

Perhaps shift applications key does the same thing as shift f10. Is that what extended application key means?

If so, perhaps shift application key would open the menu.

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 9:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Spelling Errors

Shift f10 is the extended applications key so to speak.

Take care

On 23 Nov 2020, at 19:13, Quentin Christensen wrote:

The context menu not working when pressing the applications key seems to be a bug in Windows 10 mail. Interestingly, if you move to a misspelt word and press SHIFT+F10, it opens a list of alternate spellings. Use the arrow keys to find the one you want and enter to replace. I have always thought that SHIFT+F10 simply sent the same command to the computer as pressing the applications key, but evidently in this case, Mail treats them differently.

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:48 PM Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps because it is an app, you need to open the menu a different way. I
don't know about the difference between apps and applications.

You might try using object navigation which should already be on the word,
move the mouse to it, then right click.