Re: NVDA OCR and what it presents afterward

Quentin Christensen

Hi Wally,

I'm afraid yes, NVDA is bound by the limitations of Windows OCR. If you do regularly need to run OCR on longer documents, it might be worth considering a full OCR program, which will be able to do fancier things as well.

Also, NVDA's OCR abilities aside, if you are regularly receiving documents you need to run OCR on, it would be worth raising that with the people sending the documents out.  When creating documents is often the easiest point to make them accessible, and in many cases, requires only a small change to workflow to achieve.

In the meantime, Sarah, good prompt, I did go and checked our user guide and it could be improved in this area.  I have created the following issue to put forward a change:

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:34 AM Marisane Moruthanyana <marisanem@...> wrote:
Morning Gene

Does it mean then that one should go to the next page and start the
OCR processing all over again?

Shoo! that is a painstaking exercise, especially when the document is long.

Wally

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager