Re: any progress on aria-live being read multiple times?

Gene

I suspect you would have to take up the question with developers or those who are knowledgeable about how live regions are handled. Have you tested with other screen-readers to see what happens? So far, we have no way of knowing if the live regions are implemented properly or if the problem is with N
NVDA. You may need to send a sample page to whomever you are consulting with for evaluation.

From: Samuel Kacer
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 7:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] any progress on aria-live being read multiple times?

Hello,

I am just developing a web app that relies on aria live regions to implement advanced features. I can see that NVDA gets confused for chrome and edge, reading the live regions twice an for firefox it just seems to garble the text updates in live regions completely. For chrome and edge it is usable, but it does detract from the user experience.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what progress there is on fixing this issue? Might this be fixed in the next NVDA version by any chance?

just to provide more info, I am using NVDA 2020.3

Kind Regards,
Sam