Re: deleting file from downloads folder closes the downloads folder window

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

I've been fiddling with this this morning on the Windows 10 machine, and it seems OK to me. I have found that there is still a tendency to lag in these folders making it sometimes possible to delete the incorrect file, but the folder stayed OPen for me.
This is both on next and the latest rc2.
I'm still getting the odd crash of explorer though which locks up nvda with core frozen in stack, sometimes for some minutes.
This also can occur on windows 7 though, and I suspect its a problem in windows itself.
One odd thing I do notice about deleting files on 10 is that it never asks if yyou want to delete multiple items, which seems at odds with the general nany tendency of the rest of the operating system. I suppose its easy enough to undo your last action now, but if you are not carefull you can get confused.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2016 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] deleting file from downloads folder closes the downloads folder window

The only time I known this to happen is when you remove a external drive memory card or flash drive but for an empty folder to do this is odd to say the least

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.