Re: deleting file from downloads folder closes the downloads folder window

Dan Beaver

Hi,

It is not an empty folder, I select a file first and then it happens when deleting the file using the delete key.

Dan Beaver

On 9/4/2016 5:27 AM, Chris wrote:

The only time I known this to happen is when you remove a external drive memory card or flash drive but for an empty folder to do this is odd to say the least

Sent: 04 September 2016 00:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] deleting file from downloads folder closes the downloads folder window

Odd, do you ever use file explorer for other things (press Windows+e) and have you noticed any other issues?

Also which version of Windows are you running?  I'm using Rhett latest fast insider bold of Windows 10. I haven't specifically looked lately, but I know I've had various Windows, mostly settings Windows, which either don't respond or close unexpectedly in various builds. I wonder if this is something similar?

Regards

Quentin

On 4 Sep 2016 07:12, "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@...> wrote:

Hi Quinton,

Actually, I am talking about the downloads folder in the "this pc".  I don't have any trouble with my browser which is also the latest update to Firefox.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 9/2/2016 10:05 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Dan,

By downloads folder, do you mean the "This PC - Downloads" folder in File Explorer, or the downloads folder in your browser?

If that latter, which browser are you using?

I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 insider build (actually correction - 14905.1000 - the latest fast build has downloaded and wants to restart my machine), NVDA 2016.3rs2 and Firefox 48.0.2 - I can't reproduce your bug at the moment, but I'll try again once windows restarts.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> wrote:

Has anyone else seen this?  this just started happening recently but I do not know if it is NVDA or Windows 10 doing it.

Literally, I select a file in the downloads folder and then press the delete key.  It does delete the file but it also closes the folder.  What a pain!

I am running windows 10 most recent updates and NVDA 2016.3-RC2.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Basic Training for NVDA E-Book now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.