From: Chris Smart
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 12:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] input help

Here's a little more context.

Anybody used a little search utility called Bit Che?

In Jaws, after I search for something and focus on an item in the list
of results, I do route Jaws to PC, then Numpad Star to simulate a right
mouse click, then I pick something from the resulting menu that pops up.

I'm trying to do the same thing in NVDA.

Chris

On 2020-11-27 1:38 p.m., Gene wrote:
You must be in the program where the keys apply if they are program specific. If you are in a browser, you can press letter keys and hear announcements such as that x is move to the next check box, c moves to the next combo box, etc.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Don H
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 11:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] input help

I tried to use the input help function of NVDA using the insert 1 keys
and find that the input help does not nearly cover all the possible
keys. For example after turning input help on and entering insert f7 it
says nothing even though this is the key combo to get a list of elements
like links on a web page. Is there a way to improve this input help so
it will identify all nva keys?