Re: compatible gmail notifier with nvda

It is not typical for any e-mail client, or webmail client, to provide notifications unless it is running or you are logged in.

The PC (or Mac, for that matter) behave differently, by design, than a smartphone.  You either need to have an email client running or be logged in to your Gmail (or Yahoo, or Outlook.com, or whatever webmail client) in a browser before notifications on new message arrival will be provided.

I guess it's possible that someone may have written an e-mail notifier that stays logged in to a given email account rather than expecting it to be open in the background like it typically is, but if one exists, I don't know about it.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell