Re: compatible gmail notifier with nvda

Arlene

Same here, I don’t know what you are asking. I use windows ten mail and I have my gmail on it.  If you are using windows ten. You can turn on your mail notifications and it will notify you even though the windows ten mail is not open. If that’s what you want. But in older versions of windows versions. It will notify you only if you have your whatever e-mail client you are using.  I have mine turned off because of the kind of house I live in and I find it annoying to hear the mail notifier going off.  It will go off wen you have your mail client open. That’s how I like it.  If I’m waiting for an important message I’ll turn on the notifications.  Either then that. I like it off.if that is what you are after.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Chris Smart
Sent: November 28, 2020 1:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] compatible gmail notifier with nvda

Well, you could just tell an email program like Thunderbird to use your Gmail account. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're asking though.

On 2020-11-28 3:38 p.m., Micallef Michael at FITA wrote:

Hi guys/gals

Does any recommend a gmail notifier compatible with nvda screen reader that can notify me with a new gmail without login to gmail on the browser?

.

Michael Micallef
Officer in charge of ICT Accessibility Certification
and ICT Training for Persons with a Visual Impairment

Foundation for Information Technology Accessibility (FITA)

Email:
Office:
FB:

michael.micallef@...
+356 2599 2343
http://www.fitamalta.eu

http://on.fb.me/1hCRTAx

Kindly consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail