Re: Reading with NVDA on a Web Browser

Dave Grossoehme

Good Day:  Thanks Joseph for the quick response.  The keyboard setting was set to laptop.  The skim reading was also turned off.  As far as the down key, it was the down key on the four pack or the down key on the arrow keys.  The question I have is why did the numpad incert key say bottom?

Dave

On 11/29/2020 10:54 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Can you check:

  1. What is the keyboard layout set to (NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Keyboard)?
  2. Which down arrow key are you pressing to start say all? Don’t use Numpad down arrow (Numpad 2) for this purpose.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Grossoehme
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 9:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading with NVDA on a Web Browser

Thanks for the quick response.  That's fine unless you are reading a long article on the web.  I've changed to all the different reviews and nothing changes.  I just found out the NVDA even say's bottom when pressing it in an email.

Dave

On 11/29/2020 10:05 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Why not just use the arrow keys to read by line? No need in my humble opinion to use the nvda ones. I never ever use them unless "m in screen or document review which for me is only when I have to be.

On 29 Nov 2020, at 8:59, Dave Grossoehme wrote:

Good Morning:  I am using NVDA 20.3.  I have tried to read with Firefox and Micro Soft Edge on a web page.  When reading by line by pressing the down arrow on the four pack on a desk top computer, I can read the information.  However, when pressing the NVDA key + the down arrow to read all NVDA reads the line only. However, when pressing the NVDA key bottom is spoken.  I have never seen this action before.  It doesn't make any difference what web page you are on.  I thought it was how the page was set up, so, I went to the AFB.org page and this happened there as well.  This is on Win 2004 version of windows.  I am using Windows Essentials add on with NVDA.  This started with Fire Fox with no add ons for NVDA.  This is a fresh install of Windows.

Dave