moderated Re: RAM Problem with Dell computers that have Realtek HD Audio Driver, and NVDA or JAWS

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:17 AM, luke scholey wrote:
I think if it were possible to fix, we have better luck with NVAccess taking it seriously than dell.
-
That's just not the way it does, or should, work.

If the problem is with a driver, then whoever is responsible for that driver does the fix.  It is conceivably possible it could be Realtek, but I'm doubting it since the problem has so far been confined only to Dell machines.

If third party software developers like NVAccess and others were ever to get into the business of creating workarounds for driver issues or memory leak issues of any kind not of their making their ability to focus on their core missions would evaporate very, very quickly.

There are spheres of responsibility in the software world that are pretty clearly demarcated and have been since the days I was actually doing it, which ended in the late 1990s.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell