moderated Re: RAM Problem with Dell computers that have Realtek HD Audio Driver, and NVDA or JAWS

Arlene

Brian, almost all computers use Realtech.  The sale’s person said he didn’t know why but almost all computers use it. He himself is not confident with it.  He was fully sighted.  Even my last windows 7 computer used realtech.  Not sure if the old xp box did. It probably did.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: November 30, 2020 1:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] RAM Problem with Dell computers that have Realtek HD Audio Driver, and NVDA or JAWS

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 04:41 PM, Melissa Jean wrote:

I hope that it does it but I have no confidence with realtech to be honest.

-
The issue is not with Realtek audio drivers in general, or this problem would be hugely widespread across computer makes and models.  They are a very big company in audio for computers.

The problem is with the Realtek driver being issued by Dell, which I'll bet my bottom dollar that they have customized, as this is not at all uncommon practice.  That's why the first place that's generally recommended to search for drivers is the downloads and drivers support page for your exact make and model of computer.  In the vast majority of cases, that will be the best fit.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell