Admin's Notes, Recent Threads #adminnotice

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

There have been a number of message threads today with similar subjects. If you would like to respond to a message, please do so without starting a new thread. Otherwise, all this does is cause clutter.

Next, on the issue of Dell, I have seen messages from misguided users stating that you should stay away from an entire brand. Let me tell you that I have a Dell laptop, which does not exhibit ram issues. I keep drivers updated using the Dell Update program, as well as using the optional driver updates setting in Windows Updates. I have seen updates to my sound card, so this idea that Dell doesn't update their drivers is false. On occasion, certain brands do exhibit issues with drivers, but the issues tend to be isolated to a specific model of machine, and often won't affect the entire brand. Moreover, solutions for getting around this issue have been proposed.

In any case, I would like to urge all of you that, when posting messages to this list, they should relate to the topic of this group, NVDA, and they should try to avoid blanket statements such as an entire brand being bad and this is why all users should avoid them. Group members should not have to be intimidated just because they choose a specific brand of computer, simply because one person believes that brand is bad.

Here's hoping all of you are well.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber