accessing the links in groups.io messages with NVDA

Mary Otten

I saw a message in this group to which I wanted to reply, but only to the sender, not to the list. Ther is a link after the message body that is suppose to let you do that. But I can't make this link activate. I've tried the standard keyboard method of the return key when the link had focus. I've tried routing mouse to focus and then doing a simulated double left click with the numpad NVDA desktop layout. No luck. I've tried numpad insert plus numpad enter to "activate" the link. No luck. What am I missing?

Mary