Re: ribbon menues

Gene

Here is the article I mentioned in my last message. It discusses problems with the ribbon menu interface itself as well as why it isn't necessary.
https://blindtechnology.wordpress.com/2010/12/17/microsoft-ribbon-is-accessible/

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2020 6:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] ribbon menues

That's a terrible idea. For one thing, the special interface causes
problems and inefficiencies. For another, it is not difficult for most
users, with proper instruction, to learn real ribbons and the JAWS
developers did blind people no favor convincing many that ribbons are just
too unwieldy and inaccessible for blind people to use. That is just
absolute nonsense. For a third reason, tutorials for blind users and
instructions for sighted users use the real ribbons. The amount someone is
limiting themselves by using the special interface is staggering.

There are times when special interfaces may be justified but the
justification must really be substantial, which isn't the case here.

I may still have a book mark to a detailed discussion about problems caused
by the ribbon menu interface in terms of inefficiency. I'll send the web
page address if I can find it.