Re: NVDA and Math

Bhavya shah

Dear Sally,

It has been a very long while since Math Player was updated, yes. Last
I checked with them, they responded saying they were unaware of the
future roadmap of Math Player. Also, if you can't get NVDA+Alt+M to
enter a Math expression, try pressing Enter instead; it often works.
Unfortunately, I am unable to be of much help with your other
questions.

Thanks.

On 12/6/20, Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

To circle back on a few threads earlier this fall, I have a few questions
about accessing math content with NVDA.

The NVDA user guide references MathPlayer. However, MathPlayer's site
doesn't show any updates more recent than 2016. Is this accurate? If so,
does it work with any of the newer browsers?

For Lamda, does the add-on function outside of the Lambda application? I'm
only dipping into linear algebra as a pre-req for a data science course so
am not sure if getting the Lamda application is necessary/advisable. Does
the Lambda add-on read math in webpages or word on its own?

Lastly, how does access8math work with NVDA? Is it also reliant on the
MathPlayer?

so far, I've been unable to get the NVDA math hotkey (NVDA + alt+ m) to
work under any circumstances, including in places that ChromeVox correctly
identifies MathJax.

Any and all guidance on how to start getting this working would be a huge
help. I haven't ever done math through a screen reader and haven't done
math of any kind since before 2005, not counting college stats classes when
I had some residual vision.

Thank you in advance!
Sally

--