Re: NVDA is not working in Excel 2019

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías

Hi all.

In Excel, NVDA go to read the format when the focus is on the cell with NVDA]shift]f, NVDA]f is when the cursor is in the edit box of the cell, because in NVDA 2020.3 the command NVDA]f now say the format in the system cursor, and NVDA]shift]f of the review cursor.

And yes, NVDA have problems in the dialog fond that Bryan mentioned, other users of Spanish community also report it.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA.

Web www.nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA

De: Brian Vogel
Enviado: lunes, 7 de diciembre de 2020 10:38
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA is not working in Excel 2019

Just for the record, it's also behaving similarly in Excel 2016.  What's even stranger is if you bring up the Font dialog via CTRL+SHIFT+F it's reporting the font name and style (probably size, too, but I stopped after the first two) as blank when there is clearly a font name and regular in the respective boxes.

There is an active issue open for this on GitHub:  Font information not read in Cell Format dialog in Excel 2016 / 365
If you have a GitHub account, you may wish to add a comment.  I just did because I'm having the same issues you're having.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you have a legal mind.

~ Thomas Reed Powell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.