Re: Unable to access Auto-play options when connecting my flash drive

Roger Stewart

While on this subject, can anyone tell me how to set the action for removable media such as CD-R or DVD etc. Whenever I put a disk in, I get a notice to choose the default action for these but there's no way I've found to do this. Checking in devices this option just isn't there at all--only removable drives and memory cards/USB sticks but nothing for removable disks.

Thanks.
Roger

On 12/7/2020 1:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Autoplay settings are now in the Windows 10 Settings themselves.   Settings, Devices, Autoplay Pane.  My guess is that you'll want either, Ask me every time, or, Open folder to view files (File Explorer), as your choice for the Removable Media dropdown.

My guess is that it's now set to, Take no action.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell