Re: Unable to access Auto-play options when connecting my flash drive

Bob Jutzi

I just had to do this.  I went into Auto Play settings, done within
Control Panel, Settings, or by entering Auto Play in the search box.
You can then tab over to different options such as DVD, SD Cards, etc.
and use up and down arrows to choose a default action for each.

On 12/7/2020 2:39 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
While on this subject, can anyone tell me how to set the action for
removable media such as CD-R or DVD etc. Whenever I put a disk in, I
get a notice to choose the default action for these but there's no way
I've found to do this. Checking in devices this option just isn't
there at all--only removable drives and memory cards/USB sticks but
nothing for removable disks.

Thanks.
Roger

On 12/7/2020 1:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Autoplay settings are now in the Windows 10 Settings themselves.
 Settings, Devices, Autoplay Pane.  My guess is that you'll want
either, /Ask me every time/, or, /Open folder to view files (File
Explorer)/, as your choice for the Removable Media dropdown.

My guess is that it's now set to, /Take no action/.

*/If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably
attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is
attached to, then you have a legal mind./*

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell