Re: NVDA goes silent when arrowing down the list of participants panel in Zoom

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Okay, now that my meeting is over I can give more detail.
In Zoom, open the participants panel, and hit your down arrow. It
reads the first six participants normally, then does not read anymore,
I waited a couple seconds before pressing the arrow key to make sure
there was no delay. If you keep pressing down arrow and there are only
about a dozen participants as there were in my meeting tonight, you
will soon loop back to the top of the list, and NVDA exhibits the same
behavior. If you press your up arrow once, then press down arrow
again, NVDA reads both participants encountered, but pressing down
arrow a second time gives silence.
To give a clearer example, let's say there are 15 participants in a
meeting, as there were in mine tonight. I opened the participant
panel, and saw that my name was at the top. I pressed down arrow five
times, landing on the sixth participant in the list with no problem. I
press down arrow again to navigate to the seventh participant, NVDA
does not say a word. I press up arrow once, NVDA reads the name of the
sixth participant again. I then press down arrow again, and it reads
the seventh participant as expected. I then press down arrow to move
to the eighth participant, which NVDA does not read. If I continue to
press down arrow, NVDA continues to be silent, until it loops back to
the top of the list, where as mentioned above, it reads the first six
participants. If however I press my up arrow here, it reads the
previous five participants, then goes silent until it gets to the
bottom of the list, where just like the down arrow at the top of the
list, it reads the bottom six. Using your down arrow after the up
arrow has gone silent also reads the next five. I hope this makes
sense.

On 12/8/20, Bob Cavanaugh via groups.io <cavbob1993=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am in a Zoom meeting right now, and can confirm that NVDA does not
speak when arrowing down after six participants. Interestingly, if you
go to the bottom of the list and use your up arrow, the same thing
happens. I waited several seconds before pressing the arrow key again,
and NVDA never spoke.

When testing a problem like this, it may be helpful to test for such
things.

Assuming that something is or isn't happening may lead to an incorrect
description of a problem.