Trying to build NVDA from source using the directions I found on GitHub and having problems with liblouis

matthew dyer

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the list to get the help for this, but with some extra time on my hands, thought I would try learning how to run and build nvda from source.  I find that I do just fine except that scons complains about liblooies.  Here is the output I get.  I will try to clean it up so it is not so long.  I tried to get a copy of liblooies but did not find a way to install it so that it would find it during the build prosses.  And now here is the output.

Creating 'build\x86\liblouis\liblouis.h'

clang-cl /Fobuild\x86\liblouis\compileTranslationTable.c.obj /c include\liblouis\liblouis\compileTranslationTable.c /W2 /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /DLOGLEVEL=15 /D_WIN32_WINNT=_WIN32_WINNT_WIN7 /DNDEBUG /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"3.15.0\" /DWIDECHARS_ARE_UCS4 /D_EXPORTING /Ibuild\x86\liblouis /Iinclude\liblouis\liblouis /Iinclude /Imiscdeps\include /Ibuild\x86 /Z7

'clang-cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

scons: *** [build\x86\liblouis\compileTranslationTable.c.obj] Error 1

PS C:\Users\ilove\nvda>