Re: NVDA snd System Access, not a good combination

Bob Cavanaugh

Let me respond to everyone in one message, since there were several messages on this topic. I generally do not run to screen readers at once, simply because of the fact that it would get very annoying at times. However, I occasionally run into a situation where I suspect one screen reader is not reading some thing correctly, so I will switch over to the other to see if it reads things differently.System Access shuts down NVDA when it is loaded, and that is fine. The problem described only happens about once a week, and from what I understand it’s a problem having to do with running it on 10 Let me respond to everyone in one message, since there were several messages on this topic. I generally do not run to screen readers at once, simply because of the fact that it would get very annoying at times. However, I occasionally run into a situation where I suspect one screen reader is not reading some thing correctly, so I will switch over to the other to see if it reads things differently.

On Dec 9, 2020, at 5:55 PM, Fresh Start <dan@jvillefreshstart.org> wrote:

II use NVDA, System Access and JAWS but never run them at the same time.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 6:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA snd System Access, not a good combination

But if you unload a screen-reader, the process should not be running. If this is consistent behavior and it happens on other machines, it is an error in how System Access is designed. If it was going to be around longer, they might correct it but I think it is being withdrawn at the end of the year.