including JAWS, NVDA and Narrator. I too also train those I help to shut
down any screen reader before starting another, even with this System
Access feature.

On 12/9/2020 6:46 PM, Gene wrote:
But if you unload a screen-reader, the process should not be running.
If this is consistent behavior and it happens on other machines, it is
an error in how System Access is designed.  If it was going to be
around longer, they might correct it but I think it is being withdrawn
at the end of the year.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 6:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA snd System Access, not a good combination

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 07:29 PM, Gene wrote:
System Access was unloaded but continues to run.-
Which, just for clarity on my side, means it wasn't unloaded.  I use
the term "unloaded," or "exited," to mean the program is not
active/running in either the foreground or background.

I also agree that it is unlikely that any screen reader is going to go
to any effort to fix performance degradation that only occurs if or
when you have another screen reader running with it concurrently.
It's entirely reasonable to expect that, at any given moment, a screen
reader, not multiple screen readers, will be running.